Register. Free!  

CarSalesIndia.com
You are here Home My CarSalesIndia Forums Places to See, Visit and Relax My Recent Trip to Trivandrum, Ponmudi, Golden Valley and more.

Forum Places to See, Visit and Relax

Places to See, Visit and Relax

Quote on Response - My Recent Trip to Trivandrum, Ponmudi, Golden Valley and more.
Topic My Recent Trip to Trivandrum, Ponmudi, Golden Valley and more.
Quote On:

It was really good to read this experience. Trivandrum, Ponmudi are actually an attractive locations in South India. Kerala is very famous for various tours specially for honeymoon tour. I had been to Kerala last year with my parents. It was an amazing experience to catch natures beauty in our eyes. We would definitely like to read your another experience.

by: sam10

Alert me when a reply is posted on this topic.
Verify The CAPTCHA image
Enter the above text:

LAST 10 POSTS ON THIS TOPIC

mamta kumari(443404)
12-Oct-2012 12:28 PM

You really enjoyed your trip in Kerala. I heard a lot about Kerala trips but never go there. Kerala is a very famous tourist place. It is surrounded by greenary & beauty. Kerala’s beauty is really eye catching.

sam10
03-Jan-2012 03:18 PM

It was really good to read this experience. Trivandrum, Ponmudi are actually an attractive locations in South India. Kerala is very famous for various tours specially for honeymoon tour. I had been to Kerala last year with my parents. It was an amazing experience to catch natures beauty in our eyes. We would definitely like to read your another experience.

Sam
31-Jan-2010 08:48 PM

Day 3 we went to "Thotti Paalam", its a bridge made to transfer water from one hill to another. Aparently built in 1968, this bridge unlike other bridges takes water from one hill to another. Its a wonder and a thoughtful solution to a natural problem. I also understand that there are only 1 or 2 other countries in the world that have a bridge of this sort.

Another place to visit is one of the half churches built by St. Thomas in the 1st century. He built 7 and half churches and this is one is the half church that was built and later completed by others. A sign board claims that this is the oldest standing church in the world. Again it is a wonderful place to visit and dont miss it.

I hope you find this information useful and I will write more about other places that i have visited very soon.

Sam
31-Jan-2010 08:32 PM

On the second day, we went to a waterfalls "Thiruparappu Falls", As I understand, it is not a natural falls, however it appears that the rivers water has been deviated to create this beautiful water falls and it is a very nice place to go. They have seperate area for women to enjoy the falls and also a place to change clothing. We all enjoyed the falls, the crowd was overwhelming and at times you may have to wait for your chance to sneak into the big falls. Its worth a visit and if you happen to be around this area dont miss it.

We also visited the famous Padmanaban Palace, its a marvel and showcases its rich status and the kings life as it would have been in the 13th and 14th century. It has been well maintained by the kerala government (kudos to the government for doing that), and more importantly the pay-and-use toilet inside the palace is very clean and neat, again all praises to the government for maintaining it. Well, not to deviate from the point, there is an entry ticket for the palace, and the staff explain the features and various areas of the palace in a very patient and polite manner. Dont miss the palace rooms which where built for the kings visitors from europe to european taste.

Sam
30-Jan-2010 07:13 PM

Here is some information on my recent visit to Trivandrum and a very good list of places which I visited with my family during my stay during Christmas and New Year time.

On the first day, we had been to Ponmudi. Its an amazing place, very beautiful. It will be less if i said the views were great. The short walk up the mountains are also thrilling. Once you are on the top, the wind is so strong that you can almost lean 30 degrees forward into the wind without losing balance.

On the way to Ponmudi, do not miss Golden Valley, A nice stream with enough water and a safe place for children made sure that we all enjoyed a nice bath and enjoyed playing in water. Honestly I didnt want to come out of the stream even after playing for nearly 2 hours. It was plenty of fun and it wasnt crowded which made it much enjoyable. Note: Take your own food and snacks, as there are not any shops in the place. There is a nice resting place with benches for you to have any food you carry along.