Register. Free!  

CarSalesIndia.com
You are here Home My CarSalesIndia Forums Major Repairs and Repainting Lancer engine problems

Topic Lancer engine problems

Unanswered Topics   Latest Topics   Search   Follow This Topic 

Lancer engine problems

Thamilpiriyar
User Profile Image for Thamilpiriyar - CarSalesIndia.com

Total Posts: 1

My Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 GLX has logged 100000 kms. I’m happy with car’s performance. But recently after making a total of 2000 kms longdrive with several halts I found the engine oil level has come down by half a liter. Is it normal? My car service provider says there is no problem with the engine as there is no visible oil leak anywhere in the engine body and there is no white smoke from the ehaust. Is it right? Please help me as I am using a big car for car for the first time.

Together We Can Drive It

amitsaxena
User Profile Image for amitsaxena - CarSalesIndia.com

Total Posts: 29

I was additionally confronting this issue with my Used Audi Car. Along these lines, there are a few purposes behind this...

1. Could be long runs, high weights on the motor essentially dissolving the oil. It is, truth be told, a fluid.

2. Auto trans? Could be spilling out the back wrench into the case or trans territory.

3. You are smoldering it, ease sufficiently back to not smell or see it, but rather enough to smolder off.

4. It could be as yet gathering in the Cat, and concealing the issue for you to discover once it is past the point of no return.

5. You have changed oil brands/sorts. This happens all the time with this as one "Mix" of chemicals may not play pleased with the ones as of now there...

My proposal... Get a Compression keep an eye on the motor...

Together We Can Drive It

benjaminblogger
User Profile Image for benjaminblogger - CarSalesIndia.com

Total Posts: 7

Lancer engine Have Many problems I am Sharing This Problem Those I Listen From Other Lancer Users. 

Erratic Blower Motor Operation Due to Failed Resistor and/or Fan Motor
Engine Overheating Due to Failed Cooling Fan Controller
No Start and/or Stalling Condition Due to Faulty Crankshaft Posiiton Sensor
The automatic transmission may fail prematurely
The Clutch May Failure Prematurely
  • Erratic Blower Motor Operation Due to Failed Resistor and/or Fan Motor
  • Engine Overheating Due to Failed Cooling Fan Controller
  • No Start and/or Stalling Condition Due to Faulty Crankshaft Posiiton Sensor
  • The automatic transmission may fail prematurely
  • The Clutch May Failure Prematurely

You should check underneath the car regularly and remove any dirt or debris which could cause rust. If there is any flakes of rust make sure you get it treated early to avoid any major work. Me also faced same problem with my Lamborghini car so i can understand your problem. Here Is Some Solution For Cars Engine :

• If you have an oil leak, that attracts dirt so, you’ll want to clean it.
  • If you really want to use a hose, use it under low pressure, and not when the engine’s hot.
  • Covering the alternator with a plastic bag or plastic wrap is a great idea.
  • modern electrical system should be able to keep out moisture – jets of water could cause trouble.

Together We Can Drive It

Reply To This Topic